We often discuss the practical and aesthetic benefits of window films. As Casey Flores explains in a video for Window Film Magazine, it's these practical benefits that are increasingly drawing customers' interest.
While Flores met with those attending Specialty Equipment Market Association's (SEMA) recent event—whose focus is window film for the auto-manufacturing sector—many of these benefits are also applicable to residential and commercial buildings. Flores spoke with industry professionals, including Tim Thornton, global business director of 3M window film, to gain more information about the practical benefits.
Thornton explained that most people associate window film with a dark tint, but 3M products include multi-layer optical film, which redirects light, preventing it from getting through. Window film has a dramatic impact in terms of reducing UV light, heat gain and improving driver comfort, he asserted. Other industry professionals similarly emphasized that customers were increasingly choosing window film for its many practical applications.
As 3M explains, sun control, safety and security and decorative film are among the options residential and commercial customers can choose from.
3M™ Sun Control Window Films:
- Improve worker comfort by reducing glare on computer screens and minimizing solar hot spots.
- Reduce cooling costs by saving one ton of air conditioning for every 100 square feet of glass exposed to the sun.
3M™ Safety & Security Window Films:
- Minimize flying glass during severe weather events.
- Impede the quick access that smash-and-grab thieves are looking for.
- Graffiti management
3M™ Fasara™ Decorative Window Films:
- Offer design flexibility, yet at a fraction of the cost of etched glass.
- Provide privacy, without sacrificing natural light.
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of solar window film, security window film or decorative window film, contact Michigan Glass Coatings.